Just a quick blog up date and test of bloggers new interface, which seems nicer to use and allows for more than one image per blog - which is handy.
I've been in Mull a lot recently looking at various ways a woodland trust can use it's  newly acquired woods. Of course I want to build trails everywhere, but as a consultant I have to look at all the factors and make my suggestions accordingly. I think it's my honesty to tell it like it is, that keeps me in work.
Closer to home, there are some interesting developments, usual story though - mums the word until the client wants to go public.
I'm trying to get bike and run fit again; I made the hard decision to not go for the 3 Peaks cyclo-cross race this year, I knew quality cycling time would be hard to find, so rather than just turn up, I decided to miss it this year and hopefully get things sorted for another go next year. Problem is I really miss training for something, so rather stupidly I think I'll have a go at the Corryarrick. Well it is closer and my wife has kinda given me the green light to go for - it was your idea June.........
So, back on with the trainers and start giving the legs the bad news that they're going running again, sorry calves. So if I'm running again it seems a shame not to have a go at some of the Scottish cyclo-cross races - well the ones that are not too far off the end of the A9. To this end I've been running up hills and going out on the bike for short intense one hour sessions  - great things 'cx' races, short and sweet so able to cram training into a short time slot - ideal for me.
But either I'm now carrying a few too many pounds or I was just plain stupid to use a carbon fibre saddle, but inevitably one running 'mount' too many ended in catastrophic material failure i.e. my saddle snapped, luckily no bits went anywhere near my bits, but made for a standing ride home. You'd think I'd know better.
Right oh, new blogger interface tested, I'm off to bed, more typing and running from the usual family Masson early start...

Comments

Popular Posts