Ok then that's me back on line: the snow has started melting at most levels all over Scotland and much as I have "fully" enjoyed my skiing winter it's good to smell the earth and get back to digging.
Whilst we're a few weeks away from anything happening in my neck of the woods - Northern Scotland, Fife is well clear of the freeze and it was a pleasure to get down the A9 and catch up with the Lochore Meadows gang and boy they've been busy. Not only have they installed some very smart and professional looking signs, but the volunteer group have been tidying and sorting out access routes / hanging out areas.
The user group they've got running is keen and well supported, both by the cyclists, but also by the local community.
This is great to see and a surefire way of guaranteeing a trails success. As a trail designer this level of community support at an urban based, easily accessible facility is I think the way forward and great for the future of our sport.

Comments

Popular Posts